Spout reader 1 error

Hi, I follow this tutorial: Unreal Engine 4 and Lightact Part 2: Spout in Lightact | Lightact

I’ve done everything as in the video (and the part 1 video), but when I add the spout reader 1 it says ‘‘no receiving’’.

Do I miss something?

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question on our Answerhub.

Is there any way you can check if UE is actually sending spout out? If, for example, you installed spout sdk you should have it’s spoutreceiver.exe and spoutsender.exe demo apps. They allow you to see all available spout streams.

Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
Mitja

Meetya thank you for your answer, It does send, I figured how to do it, but when it comes to the point where I need to change the Spout demo and add the image from unreal, it does not change and it says no receiving. I did everything right, save names, same moves, but it wont get the image.

at 7:30 of the video : - YouTube

I also saw that at the beginning of the video he has the image on the canvas but he didnt explain how to get it there at part 2

hello,

Don’t worry about the image on the canvas in the beginning of the video. Sometimes the tutorials are not done 100% sequentially so the image on the canvas might have been from earlier recordings or tests.

So to confirm: You see UE spout output in the SpoutReceiver.exe, right? But when you select the Spout Reader node in the Devices window and check Streaming checkbox, the label just says not receiving? Are you sure you typed in the correct Spout name in the properties of Spout Reader node?

Thanks!
M